Australian author Kaaron Warren is widely recognized as one of the leading writers today of speculative and dark short fiction. She’s published four novels, multiple novellas, and well over one hundred heart-rending tales of horror, science fiction, and beautiful fantasy, and is the first author ever to simultaneously win all three of Australia’s top speculative fiction writing awards (Ditmar, Shadows, and Aurealis awards for The Grief Hole).
Dark Moon Books and editor Eric J. Guignard bring you this introduction to her work, the second in a series of primers exploring modern masters of literary dark short fiction. Herein is a chance to discover—or learn more of—the distinct voice of Kaaron Warren, as beautifully illustrated by artist Michelle Prebich.
Included within these pages are:
• Six short stories, one written exclusively for this book
• Author interview
• Complete bibliography
• Academic commentary by Michael Arnzen, PhD (former humanities chair and professor of the year, Seton Hill University)
• … and more!
Enter this doorway to the vast and fantastic: Get to know Kaaron Warren.
Table of Contents includes:
• Introduction by Eric J. Guignard
• Kaaron Warren: A Biography
• Guarding the Mound (fiction)
• Guarding the Mound: A Commentary
• Born and Bread (fiction)
• Born and Bread: A Commentary
• Death's Door Café (fiction)
• Death's Door Café: A Commentary
• The Wrong Seat (fiction)
• The Wrong Seat: A Commentary
• Sins of the Ancestors (fiction)
• Sins of the Ancestors: A Commentary
• Crisis Apparition (fiction)
• Crisis Apparition: A Commentary
• Why Kaaron Warren Matters by Michael Arnzen, PhD
• In Conversation with Kaaron Warren
• Tips for Finalizing Your Short Story: An Essay by Kaaron Warren
• A Bibliography of English Language Fiction for Kaaron Warren